FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express retention offers [2008 - 2016]
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:37 am
miketravelparty

Programs: 1K, HH Gold VIP, Plat PC, Ex National, Plat Amex
American Express Platinum Personal

Called American Express. I told the account manager I was assigned to that I enjoyed the card for the last 7 years. My spends have been 100K and slowly going down to about 60K for the last two years now. I explained all the benefits I benefited from such as extended warranty, global entry fees, FHR, travel status and lounges and so many more. But I told the person I wasn't able to take advantage of all of them and was not happy about the Costco breakup where I purchased a lot from. I asked him if he could offer something to continue my loyalty and cover the benefits I missed out on. My annual fee was just charged three weeks ago and he put me on hold and when he got back, he offered me either $400 credit or 40K in membership reward points. I chose the 40K points. I'm happy about this and will continue to be a platinum member.^:-:

Can someone post the item below for me on the wiki page. I am not able to update the wiki.

Personal Platinum
8/12/16 - 40K MR immediately. Card holder for 7 year, $55K spend in 2015 (Post #1015)