FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:36 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Tokyo Bay

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest, which was less than half the price of Strings, and was upgraded to a nice Club room.

How are the rooms?
Excellent with the beautiful view over the bay. The renovation here was done very well. I got a note saying there are still some renovations going on, but I didn't see nor hear anything.

In addition to the usual Agraria, they had large bottles of Mikimoto in the shower.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very good with plenty of space, excellent service and food. There is an egg chef in the morning and you can actually have a full dinner in the evening. They even call it Club Dinner.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A nice bottle of red Burgundy, however it was a 2014! It's just not right to drink a red Burgundy that young, so I left it. Also a fruit bowl was placed in the mini-bar so it would stay fresh.

How was the minibar?
Pretty good with all the usual products plus some unique Japanese items. I love the labeling. One can was called "Premium Highball". There was also a bottle of a very nice Japanese single malt whiskey.

What was good and what was bad?
I arrived at 5am, expecting to have to pay a 30% supplement. But as a one-time courtesy they let me check in at 5am. ^

This might be bad for some people, but they are doing away with the Pay TV channels, yet adding more free channels.

Value for ¥ or Priority Club Points?
At ¥14,900 it was an exceptional deal.

Last edited by stimpy; Aug 3, 2016 at 4:15 pm