FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tricky Business Saver awards - ok for full redemption , unavailable for upgrade?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:01 pm
hclee01

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
My personal experience (which happened last year) was as follows:
  • I had a "E" class ticket from SIN to ADL purchased via the ticket agent instead of via SQ online
  • SQ online showed that J class Biz Saver Award redemption is available. However, when I tried to perform an upgrade online, only the Standard and Full award (at that time) were available for online upgrade
  • I called KF Membership hotline and they were puzzled initially as their system also howed that upgrade to Biz class saver is wide open
  • After putting me on hold and checking with the supervisor, they informed me that for tickets that are not purchased online, saver upgrade award will not be available online. However, he said he will be able to process offline for me, but there will be no 15% discount.
  • I asked why this is the case. They required that this is how the programme is being structured to encourage people to purchase tickets online from SQ website.

I am not too sure if this is still the case as generally, I will purchase tickets online now if I want to utilize the upgrade saver award.