FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:15 pm
Banie

IC Mauritius

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Overall yes for what we paid it was a good experience although the food was a bid disappointment

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked basic/cheapest room upgraded to one of the presidential suites. The RA upgrade to presedential suite was confirmed by email before I booked and visible online soon after booking.

How are the rooms?
Spacious with full living / dining room, bedroom upstairs on mezzanine level, and 3 different terraces. Comfortable and spacious but not luxurious.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A - no exec lounge at this hotel

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, chocolate cake decorated with message thanking me for being an IHG rewards member + some chocolates

How was the minibar?
Empty! There was a notice in the room that room service would deliver drinks on request. We did call one evening and there was a lot of confusion about mini bar vs room service and of course the delivery did appear on my final bill. it was removed on request and without any argument.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Room upgrade to best room confirmed in advance (before booking) and visible quickly on line after booking.
Spacious and comfortable room.
Staff generally very pleasant and willing to help

-Bad
Food; generally in the resort was below the standard I would have expected of a 5 star hotel (Asian restaurant was particularly bad, Indian restaurant acceptable)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Overall we felt it was good value although not super luxurious and food options disappointing.

Would you return?
Probably not, unlikely that I will go back to Mauritius, and if i do would search for a more luxurious hotel (even if that means paying more)