FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:55 pm
Hipplewm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
IC Doral Miami

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I booked award nights - 2 rooms, both standard 2 bed rooms - Received the same only because I called the manager the night before arrival asking for connecting rooms - which I received. The Ambassador check in attendant asked me if I was sure I didn't want the upgrade.

How are the rooms? No issues with rooms, wife is ecstatic. Also received in room water and fruit tray.

How is the exec. lounge? They actually gave me club access as a Spire Ambassador - and some free drink coupons (I don't drink, so I declined them)

What was good and what was bad? The In hotel restaurant was nice, albeit slightly expensive and slow, but nothing worth complaining about. Pool is nice, hotel was smaller than I imagined, but not in a bad way.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? I paid 30K per room per night in points. I booked 8 months out, when I called and talked to the manager, they were 40K a night per room per the website. Value is a hard subject, but I consider the 30K a night I paid cheap. Based on the stay so far, I wouldn't hesitate to come back.