FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:20 pm
saaveraward

IC Chicago Mag Mile

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked BOGO Premier King Grand Tower, received King Executive Tower. I assumed this was a smaller room but was assured this is not the case. Regardless, it's a $20 one category upgrade.

Room was 313 square foot.

How are the rooms?

Had a high floor XX06 room with stunning 270 degree views (W-N-E).

Somewhat modern but lacking: one outlet on the desk, no hotel info guide in the room, limited bathroom amenities and no dental kit.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

What was good and what was bad?

good:

Ambassador check in desk very friendly with early check in and late checkout. Newspaper delivery must be on my profile because I got the Trib at my door both mornings. You can send the concierge an e-mail attachment and they'll print out up to seven pages for you. The hotel texts you once you check in and you can text back with any requests. I tried this and got an automated replay three minutes later and a personal reply after that which was impressive.

bad:

You can take the small evian bottles from the mini bar as ambassador, but it was never replenished as mentioned on the welcome note. Welcome gift was a larger bottle of water given at check in and two stale macaroons (chinsy). Fruit plate was two apples and an orange (again, chinsy... how about some grapes or a banana for people on the go?). They no longer give out a free drink coupon for Jordan's (chinsy). So you're not getting that luxury "feel" like at many other ICs.

The chair in the corner of this room is facing the hallway and completely useless unless you just want to sit with your laptop. You'd have to lug it across the room just to watch TV.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

I spent 11 nights on one stay here last year and this stay was better than that one, but it's nothing to get too excited about. It was a good stay but you're not going to go "WOW." Still I was very pleased with every member of staff and it seemed like a decent use of the BOGO before expiration.

score: 8.5/10