FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:40 am
exs2

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
IC Istanbul Bosphorus

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Asked what I should book to get sea view club room and they said Club City View room. Booked that but also let them know that I considered 10 euro difference and view to be pretty weak for one category upgrade but would let hotel decide what they think of it themselves.

Got reply that they would do their best to accommodate me. Soon after reservation showed Sea View Business Suite (about two weeks before stay) and received that room as well.

How are the rooms?
Bit odd angles and long entrance corridor but still the room was huge and I was impressed. The room had a separate bathroom at entrance corridor, then living room with sofa/table+chairs, separate round table and it easily accommodated quite wide extra bed as well and a bedroom with its own master bathroom with both shower and tub. Two television sets as well.

How is the exec. lounge?
Did not use in the morning as breakfast is in the proper restaurant downstairs. As someone mentioned, tea time offering was quite weak and I would not bother with it. Evening spread was extensive and enough for meal. Room itself was bit strange with odd angles and separate spaces.

What was good and what was bad?
Whole experience was good and there was nothing bad about the stay.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
159 euros for Sea view business suite is a steal. Would I return, absolutely if I had to stay a night at Istanbul.

Ambassador gift was two cookies?, fruit basket and plenty water.