FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:10 am
Ronlap

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I broke the LH reservation system :-(

Hey Lurkers,

I paid for a cash upgrade + exit row seat, but lost the cash upgrade and got my record out of sync when I had a segment changed from UA codeshare to LH. LH customer support says the money is non-refundable since my travel agent made the change which cancelled the upgrade. I am UA Platinum and the ticket was issued on UA stock with both UA and LH locators.

Original itinerary:
  • United Airlines Flight 58 from San Francisco CA to Frankfurt on July 08
  • United Airlines Flight 8898 from Frankfurt to Bangalore on July 09 (Codeshare)
  • Lufthansa Flight 755 from Bangalore to Frankfurt on July 15
  • Lufthansa Flight 978 from Frankfurt to Dublin on July 15
  • United Airlines Flight 131 from Dublin to Newark NJ on July 23
  • United Airlines Flight 1979 from Newark NJ to San Francisco CA on July 23

Cash upgrade on LH755, exit row on LH 978. A cash upgrade couldn't be done on the codeshare, so my agent reissued that segment as:
  • Lufthansa Flight 754 from Frankfurt to Bangalore on July 09

Which apparently broke LH's reservation system, cancelling the upgrade and exit row, and leaving the record in an "out of sync" condition which UA and LH can't clear even after multiple reissues.

So I am out $375 for an upgrade that LH cannot process. I have been going back and forth with customer service without any satisfaction, so I finally cancelled the entire ticket, also losing the $35 for the exit row seat. I am looking for some kind of refund since I don't think it's my fault that your system broke.

My correspondence is with:
Gillian
Customer Relations Support
Lufthansa German Airlines
e-mail [email protected]

Last edited by Ronlap; Jun 24, 2016 at 10:11 am