FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:33 pm
saaveraward

IC Buenos Aires

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

King Club, upgraded to Junior Suite prior to arrival

Received fruit, daily water refresh, note, large jar of dulce de leche, coupon for two pressed garments and a coupon for bottle of wine with purchase of an entree in the restaurant (limited time only).

Used a slightly after 4 pm checkout without charge.

How are the rooms?

Great! Looks just like the photos on the site with hard wood floors and a rug. WC and shower/tub are in two separate areas with the closet in between them. Excellent housekeeping. Water pressure could strip the paint off a wall which was awesome.

How is the exec. lounge?

Outstanding considering the use of space and size of the lounge. Only had breakfast once but could have taken it downstairs. Large range of cold options and baked eggs. Canapes were superb including meats and cheeses, smoked salmon, a stew, etc.

One extremely minor complaint, is they put out tons of tiny ramekins (an example would be quinoa with a baby tomato on top). It's good for one bite... and very delicious, but I'd rather see a serving bowl where guests can choose a portion.

Staff is exceptional, personable and will personally troubleshoot any issue.

What was good and what was bad?

Good -- aforementioned junior suite and lounge, Lobby is immaculate and looks world class, concierge staff is top notch, dinner shuttle will take you anywhere local between 7pm-9pm and then pick up you up later

Bad -- food service in the bar is exceptionally slow, even when empty (35 minutes for a cold appetizer), lack of an SAP button on the remote so all the dubbed channels are in Spanish only and can't be changed, Always multiple door people but often times just having conversations with each other instead of opening doors/greeting guests. Price for airport pickup of 995 pesos when a radio taxi will book a flat rate of 450 and Uber quotes 300.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Yes, with the caveat that this isn't the greatest location in the city. I stayed here because I shot off to different areas (Ricoletta, Palermo, Puerto, Florida Street). There are certainly nicer areas while this one is "gritty." If I didn't have any loyalty to IHG, I would probably stay elsewhere in the city.

Quick tip -- Uber may be "illegal" and there are not a ton of cars in use, but every trip ended up perfect and the drivers are highly enthusiastic. Highly recommended.

Score = 9/10