FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:31 am
SwissBritMiss

CP Istanbul Florya

CP Istanbul Florya

What is your Priority Club status?
Gold Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Ish.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
King Club. No upgrade. Partial sea view

How are the rooms?
Brand new. They follow the standard hotel layout but still manage to look distinctive because of the marine / nautical theme running through the hotel. Shower was exceptional. Soundproofing works well (important, as the hotel is on the flight path).

How is the exec. lounge?
The space is large but uninspiring - for a seafront hotel, the exec lounge is shoved to the middle of the building with little natural light. Also, not sure if because I was there during Ramadan or general, but it's only open 2 hours a day during cocktail hour. Having said that, service was good and the food spread was varied and delicious.

What was good and what was bad?
Good: Beautiful location and hotel. Large, clean pool. As the hotel is just under the flightpath, one can plane spot whilst swimming Housekeeping was scarily efficient - I left the room for all of 20 minutes and came back to full turn down service, replacement toiletries and all my clothes folded.

Bad: Service was still a bit rough around the edges but genuine. Food and drink are expensive (and locally, there is only one cafe directly opposite and a Western-style shopping mall with Western plus prices in easy reach). No shuttle service yet, but one is being set up in the next few weeks.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
For transit, yes. I get the impression that this hotel didn't want to be just an airport hotel - but the IC is better located, better service and the same price point for visitors to the city, and whilst being by the ocean is nice, there's no beach - so not really somewhere to laze away a few days. But as an airport hotel - it's very very nice.