FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:03 am
FonzieBone

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
CP Copenhagen Towers

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very nice.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Standard Room (points), Rec'd corner King Executive on 22nd floor and lounge access.

How are the rooms?
Bathroom was remarkably small for a CP. Shower had a weird closure that let some water leak out. Furniture was just "meh," seemed to smack of IKEA. Not as classy as many other European CPs. Bed was comfortable as always. My reading lamp didn't work, but as the sun went down at 22:30 and back up at 04:30 I did not complain about it.

How is the exec. lounge?
There is a good-sized outdoor terrace, albeit not much to look at besides a 3M building and a construction site.

Good breakfast spread, 3 hot plates of eggs/bacon/sausage, lots of danishes/sweet rolls, cereal, milk, cold fresh juice, fresh coffee/espresso. Tuborg and Carlsberg beer, many varieties of soft drinks and fizzy waters, and evening reception included mediterranean tapas and 8-10 wines and a few liqours both nights.

What was good and what was bad?
- GOOD:

Lounge was well stocked and attended to frequently.
Very friendly and helpful FD staff.
Airport shuttle was quick, cheap, and easy.
- BAD:
It's not in the city center.
Restaurant messed up my wife's salad then argued about it when we inquired.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Value for points (including upgrade) is outstanding. As it's the only IHG property in Copenhagen, I would return.