FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:11 am
LASNRT

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Holiday Inn Express Quebec (Ste Foy)

Holiday Inn Express Quebec (Sainte Foy)

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Kind of

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the "king leisure" room. 2 days before check-in the reservation showed an upgrade to "1 bedroom junior suite." At check-in I was offered the "king leisure" room and the status on my IHG app also showed a downgrade (?) back to the "king leisure room."

How are the rooms?
Clean, comfortable. No issue with the room at all.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
The room itself was very nice for a HIX. They have reserved parking spaces out front for Platinum and above members...the first time I've noticed that.

The upgrade and the reversal of the upgrade left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not at the point where I expect an upgrade (although I usually get one), but this is the first time I've been told I got one then had it taken away. I showed the clerk the confirmation I printed before I left showing the upgrade, and she asked me "is the suite the room you actually booked?" When I said no, but the upgrade appeared a couple of days ago, she said "well, I don't know anything about that. And we're completely sold out tonight." She wasn't rude but wasn't apologetic at all.

I'm not sure if this is a computer glitch that I automatically got put into a room that the hotel later decided to sell, or if the hotel manually upgraded me then canceled the upgrade. I'm going to contact the property. I'm not going to be asking for anything - I got what I paid for - but I would like an explanation from the hotel. If it's a computer glitch that's automatically upgrading elites then maybe they don't know about it either.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I paid C$146 / US$115 for the one night. I wouldn't say it was a bad value but that's kind of high for an HIX on the outskirts of town.