FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:01 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Sydney

IC Sydney
Platinum ambassador

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
We actually booked via Virtuoso for this weekend - we went to see Vivid. We had to book an eastern harbour view room to receive the Virtuoso amenity, which was mainly the access to the club. The actual room we got upgraded to was a Harbour Bridge view room on the 15th floor

How are the rooms?
Happy with the room, good size. Can lie in bed and look at the harbour bridge! It is time they did something about upgrading the bathrooms as in this day and age I don't think anyone should be climbing over a bath to have a shower. Everything was very clean and tidy though so no complaints.

How is the exec. lounge?
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Best view in the world. Staff are friendly. Evening drinks and canapés are great, they refill your glasses constantly. Have gone back to a tasting plate again with a couple of hot options, but they have a small buffet selection as well which included oysters one night, mussels the next and cheeses, salad, dips etc. as we were dining out we didn't really indulge much.

Breakfast options are good, but as usual things could be hotter, those hot plate things don't really seem to keep much warm in my opinion.

After 9pm (I think from Wed to Sat??) they open the club lounge up to the hotel guests to come and have a drink. You definitely need to book.

What was good and what was bad?
Good -
club lounge is always fantastic
No problems with lifts on our visit
Received ambassador gift (red wine and fruit) and papers always delivered.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
$501 AUD via virtuoso but it worked out better than booking direct with IHG as we were guaranteed club. If we want guaranteed club when we book directly we always pay for it (and get upgrade to a suite) so this was good for us as we were happy with our room.