FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:52 pm
Skyline

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Holiday Inn: San Francisco Golden Gateway

Holiday Inn: San Francisco Golden Gateway

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes - met our needs for our long weekend away.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard double, welcomed as Platinum Elite at check-in and upgraded to top floor (26) with view over to Coit Tower ad Nob Hill.

How are the rooms?

Clean and reasonably well appointed. Nice to have a fridge in the room. Spectacular view.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good - amazing views. One of our children wasn't feeling so great, so we got some take-out from Wholefoods and ate overlooking the city sipping on some champagne! Wholefoods and Trader Joes are close by.
We walked from the BART station at UN Plaza - about 20 mins. I would suggest walking up Van Ness and not cut through some of the side streets.
Walkable to many areas and right next to the California-Line Street Car
Bad - Not the fault of the hotel, but the next door room has v-noisy kids running, shouting amok- almost called the front desk to complain. (Memorial Day Weekend if you were the offending family!)
Check-in area is really small when there many people arriving to check-in.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Booked points and $ - not bad for SF considering we paid much more to stay at the Hilton near Chinatown. I think we would return due to its location; however, I may save points and try an IC?