FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Places to eat in Singapore
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2016, 1:29 am
SQTraveller

Battle of the Crabs Buffet, Park Royal on Kitchener

Let me start by saying that this is a short picture report when compared to my other reviews. The reason is that I went to this buffet very recently and it will stop at the end of June 2016, so if you are interested in going, it makes sense to just quickly get this report up (it's really a picture report and not a review). You can see the post in its native environment at here.

Name:  img_4337.jpg
Views: 2052
Size:  541.6 KB

Battle of the crabs buffet, PARKROYAL on Kitchener

Here's a little taster for you guys. My own portions of food

BRING

IT

ON

Name:  img_4340.jpg
Views: 2079
Size:  1.68 MB

Well, what to do? I've not been to a buffet for at least a month so off I go again!

My most recent buffet was the Return to Yan Ting which was right at the top of the budget range [You can find all my food reviews in Singapore in my Singapore Food Tour category]. The crab buffet at Park Royal on Kitchener is a bit more reasonably priced. at S$63 per perron

The crab buffet has been widely reported by many bloggers so I'm only going to add to the noise; and what a delightful noise it is!

This review is not very detailed as I visited in May, and the current deal only goes on until June 2016, so about 6 weeks left to try it out!!!!!

First thing to say, crab is not the only thing on the menu. There is a reasonably wide variety of alternatives available.

Name:  img_4289.jpg
Views: 2039
Size:  489.6 KB

I never got a chance to take a photo of the sushi bar. But you'll need to take my word for it. There was a sushi bar. Unfortunately people were grabbing at it so there was never a good opportunity for a photo.

But there was a cold seafood section serving crayfish and prawns as well as short neck clams.

Name:  img_4299.jpg
Views: 2017
Size:  642.2 KB

Curry was also available.

Name:  img_4293.jpg
Views: 2049
Size:  544.4 KB

There were plenty of varieties of crab dishes. Unfortunately in most cases I never got an opportunity to take a photo of the full platter. As soon as a new plate came out, the swarms descended on them.

Indian Style Crab

Name:  img_4315.jpg
Views: 2027
Size:  532.5 KB

Salted Egg Crab

Name:  img_4287.jpg
Views: 1988
Size:  514.1 KB

Chili Crab

Name:  img_4303.jpg
Views: 1962
Size:  546.6 KB

Kimchi Crab

Name:  img_4307.jpg
Views: 1975
Size:  474.8 KB

There were also other crab dishes available such as Black Pepper Crab, Rock Salt Crab, Crab Ball, Crab Tanghoon, Pumpkin Soup Crab and Jalapeno Crab.

There is also a massive desert section

Name:  img_4275.jpg
Views: 1946
Size:  442.3 KB

Name:  img_4277.jpg
Views: 1934
Size:  510.7 KB

Cheeses

Name:  img_4281.jpg
Views: 1915
Size:  403.5 KB

There is also a section for (flavoured) water and also hot drinks (to the left) and ice cream (to the right).

Name:  img_4283.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  524.0 KB

As I mentioned earlier, this review is not as detailed as other reviews as there is only a short time left that this deal is valid for.

Battle of the Crab Dinner
Thursday to Saturday
Adult: SGD65
Child: SGD34
Offer is valid from 04 January 2016 to 30 June 2016

There is a special price of S$99 for two adults if you use UOB, DBS/POSB, Maybank or HSBC credit or debit cards.

As usual you can follow me on the globetrekka blog