FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old May 13, 2016, 9:25 am
MDtR-Chicago
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Candlewood Suites : Syracuse-Airport

Candlewood Suites : Syracuse-Airport
Syracuse, New York, USA

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked "STUDIO SUITE 1 QUEEN BED NONSMOKING" - received that on a high floor, away from elevator; 500 point amenity posted day after check out

How are the rooms?
Good, typical Candlewood - lower quality materials but everything maintained well and overall clean; kitchen had microwave, two burner stove top, full size refrigerator and freezer

Shockingly, I actually used the kitchen to cook breakfast, as I had already bought supplies for the rest of the non-hotel weekend. Two complaints: there is no outside ventilation for the cooking area, just an aggressive fan that blows back into the room, and the big cooking pan was not clean from the last guest, who apparently burned whatever they had cooked to a charred crisp.

When I first walked into the room, there was a strong smell of smoke. Front desk offered to move me immediately but opening the window was enough to air it out.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
  • Great location for the airport, right by the access road, and walkable to a supermarket
  • Lots of free parking
  • Mostly quiet, except the occasional airplane noise

Bad:
  • Minor room cleanliness issues mentioned (smoke smell, dirty pan)
  • Only a single elevator which is not at the center of the property; long walk to my room
  • They had the typical Candlewood video lending library but it was behind the front desk; too hard to read the titles so I didn't bother with it

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Great redemption value for points and paid rates are usually low for the area. Would definitely return, especially if cooking my own breakfast - then it's a great value