FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award flight booking error
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2016, 7:46 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by OliverB
Wow, whaddya know... I just called UA again because I discovered another Frankfurt connection (slightly later in the day on 10/30) was added to Saver Awards... I first inquired about the initial 3:10 PM flight and lo and behold... SUCCESS!!!

Now the downside is that the supervisor that I spoke with last night had offered to waive any change fees if he was able to figure out a way to pull the trigger on those tickets that were mysteriously not ringing up... he wasn't able to lock them down and that ended that discussion. I had to pay around $130/person with the fees and added tax, which is a bit disappointing as I could have saved a lot of money had United's ticketing system functioned properly last night when I was on the phone with the supervisor. I'm relieved to have sorted this out though!
I really think it was phantom space. It's not uncommon with LH . . . the space shows on united.com a day or so in advance of actually being available for booking. Not just a UA issue (NH also), so it must be something to do with how LH releases it.

Glad it worked out for you in the end.