FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry-on Items That Meets UA's Size Requirements? Enforcement?
Old May 5, 2016, 5:07 pm
txirish

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Lat56 RW01 Sizer Test

I tested the Lat56 RW01 (two-wheel roller) in the United sizer in AUS. I didn't expect it to fit, as I measured its width and got about 15.9 inches vs. the stated 14". It dropped in easily as it's a slender bag. To my amazement, it fit vertically as well - the whole bag disappeared with just a tiny (say, 1/4") projection above the frame from the wheel guard.

I would call this a "fit" - only a really cranky GA would object, particularly since it drops in so cleanly. It's not close to a snug fit. (Since the sizer is supposedly 15", I'm not sure why it doesn't project more. I didn't measure the sizer, but it was certainly a legit United one.) I notice the arrow on the sizer ends at the blue paint, not the metal edge. From there, we are probably looking at 3/4". Anyone think this would be a problem?

It looked a bit more over-width in the Delta and American sizers, going past the line by an inch or so. This bag looks small, though, and is unlikely to be questioned unless they are sizing everything. The semi-rigid top keeps it from bulging like a fabric top would.

It's heavier than expected, clocking in at close to 10 lbs. vs the stated 6.8. Waiting for a reply from Lat56 on that. This is the brand new version that has a flush fabric handle on the side. Really nice appearance and features. The suiter hanger is a rather large foam thing intended to prevent wrinkles. Unexpectedly bulky, but probably good if you pack an actual suit.
Attached Images   

Last edited by txirish; May 5, 2016 at 5:29 pm