FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old May 2, 2016, 6:45 am
patmcpsu

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
IC New York - Times Square

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a Deluxe Room paying a good cash rate ($177/nt). Received a Sky View Room on the 35th floor (the hotel has 36 floors).

How are the rooms?
Meh. A Sky View room is no different than a standard room, just on a higher floor. The view was nice, but honestly not much better than the 20th floor would have been. The street noise was still surprisingly loud.

How is the exec. lounge?
The hotel doesn't have one.

What was good and what was bad?
The showers are still my favorite of any Intercontinental I've visited.

They didn't offer drink/minibar credits. They basically offer the bare minimum of what they're obligated per the Ambassador terms. I wouldn't expect anything beyond that in the future.

This is my 3rd stay at IC Times Square, and the 3rd time my keycard deactivated at regular-checkout time instead of late-checkout time.

Although it's only a few years old, the hotel is starting to show some wear and tear. Torn wallpaper, stains, etc. I doubt this property is going to age gracefully.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Perhaps my experience was effected by the bargain basement room-rate. At the price I paid, it was still a good value. However, for the same number of points, I would only redeem at the IC Barclay in the future.