FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:54 am
MaldivesFreak

WVs with the worst views (Rangali Island, sunset-facing)

Thanks for those prices. Will add to the Wiki if necessary.

And yes, 330 would theoretically be the best but there's not really much difference between corner WVs as almost all of them have good, unobstructed views.

The exceptions would be with the 325/326/327 group as those three are at an angle. It's a little hard to tell with 100% certainty from the pics I have but my gut feeling is you should be OK if you are in the living room or standing at the sliding doors that open to the deck because the side walls are pretty long in the WVs (longer than they are in the SWVs & DWVs for example) and you shouldn't see anything but lagoon and ocean. However.....
* There's a good chance you'd catch a glimpse of 328 and/or the Over Water Spa if you were say in the middle of the deck (on the deck chairs) but you'd see less and less of 328 and the OWS from the decks of each of the three villas as you moved away from 328 and the OWS, i.e; you'd see less as you moved from villa to villa in a northerly direction from 327 to 326 and then to 325. I guess that in 325 you wouldn't see them from the deck chairs.
* Sitting in any of the pools however in that group of three and you will most definitely see 328 and the OWS, or most definitely at least the OWS will be in view, so avoid this group if possible.

Check out the pics I've just edited below to get a clearer picture. (Right click - 'View Image' to view images in full width)

And from another, better angle.

And this is a nice one from TA that shows the view of the deck and ocean from the sliding doors of a (standard) WV. Click here to view.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Apr 29, 2016 at 10:05 am