FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:19 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
Nothing but click bait for over a week. Absolutely nothing useful re: hotels, airlines, mileage, etc. Just oddball news clips.
Kind of where the world of miles/points is right now. Harder to push cards with the CC companies limiting churning and airline/hotel programs eliminating sweet spots. And cheap and easy MSing falling by the wayside. If not for Ben's trip reports (about the same or similar places/hotels/premium cabins/airline lounges), there'd be little new content at OMaaT.

When you've established a pattern of several posts per day, every day, it's hard to stop. And since I don't think much of his analysis of the operation of the airline and hotel industries, as opposed to their loyalty programs, I don't think there's much content out there for him that offers value to readers other than to talk about things like Susan Boyle freaking out in a BA lounge. It also seems that there are fewer "hey, I was in the New York Times" type articles or articles that mention information that is "exclusive" to him from his contacts at American Airlines and American Express.

I believe GTL's frequent assertions that he blogs because of his love of travel will again be more and more true to the detriment of his bottom line--at least until the executive suites at the loyalty programs/CC companies change with the emphasis swinging back to valuing sheer numbers of new accounts over the profitability of account holders. And even there, the CC companies have become more sophisticated about "screening" applicants by requiring high spend to achieve full bonuses.