FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worse room because it's priceline?
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2003, 7:04 pm
Non-NonRev
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marysunshine:
..... I've read several posts that implied that a Priceline reservation will get you a less desirable room.</font>
I have read similar posts - in my own experience, the only time I've experienced it was at a hotel in the Kansas City area which put me into accessible rooms (with one full-size bed) on two separate occasions.

My suspicion is that older hotels, which might have a greater variance in room size and configuration, might be more prone to this situation (witness the frequent comments about the St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco, which has smaller rooms in the older, pre-Earthquake section.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> I am booked at the Renaissance Plantation FL and would like to know whether I will be treated as less than any other patron</font>
This hotel at the intersection of I-595 and Pine Island Road is less than one year old. Because the building is rectangle-shaped, I suspect that most rooms are similarly-sized. One side of the building does face the freeway, however, the building is set back well away from the roadway, so any road noise effects should be a non-factor if you end up with a room facing I-595.