FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:17 pm
jedicat666

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Intercontinental KL

What is your Status?
Ambassador Spire

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked Executive King, received Executive Suite

How are the rooms?

Rooms look new on the most part, but showing some age on the wood parts. I assumed that recent renovations were done, but not a full one. Room was on the 29th Floor with good views, spacious living area.

How is the exec. lounge?

Very good, looks new since the recent renovation. Located on the 26th Floor. quality of food is high here, although the taste leaves much to be desired.

What was good and what was bad?

Check in at lounge was fast and efficient. Room, lounge and hotel location A+.

Forgot fruit platter amenity, and when requested was quoted fruit platter is only sent at 6pm, weird, i always thought it was on arrival. Fruit platter was pretty sad considering it's an intercontinental. Mine included a bright green under-ripe inedible passion fruit that was screaming to be thrown out of a window.

service was hit and miss, with staff not taking the initiative to ask if we wanted afternoon tea, despite us being practically the only people in the lounge.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Probably only for mattress runs, I honestly prefer the Doubletree KL. The service + lounge F&B (satays ) wins the IC KL. The rooms are similar at worst and slightly better at best.

There are many more options I would love to explore in KL, including the Hilton properties and the upcoming St.Regis. So it will be quite SOME time before i'm back.

Last edited by jedicat666; Apr 16, 2016 at 10:25 pm