FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:10 pm
PremExecSNA

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
IC Las Vegas - The Palazzo

IC Las Vegas - The Palazzo

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard suite (all rooms are suites) at a "100 Dollar Resort Credit Offer" rate and upgraded to a Fortuna Suite on the 30th floor (of 37) with strip view.

How are the rooms?
All of the rooms in this hotel are very spacious. The smallest suite would be considered a upgrade home run at any normal IC property. The Fortuna Suite is a 943 Sq Foot room with a sunken living room, large comfy couches and a large bathroom with separate soaking tub and shower. The beds and pillows are very comfortable.

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge is located on the first floor to the right of the main check in area. It is rather small, but nice. There are butlers available to bring a limited selection of alcoholic beverages and custom coffee drinks. Brewed coffee and water urns for tea are available, as well as sliced fruits and assorted cookies.

The food items have been significantly downgraded from the already paltry offerings in previous visits. Although I heard there are finger sandwiches and small cheese slices available at various times during the day, there were none out during my visit. All food items are removed at 9pm.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
I received a standard fruit plate and two bottles of water.

How was the minibar?
The minibar is stocked with the usual beers, wine, and champagne. The property imposes a 100 dollar per stay limit on mini bar consumption.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
The Canyon Club health spa is a well equipped full service gym for those who want to work out. The pool is very pleasant.
Easy walk to the mall, drug store and shopping across the street from the hotel.
Staff were very friendly and attentive. There was none of the "we're not a regular IC" attitude toward RA benefits I experienced on my first stay last year.

-Bad
Weak food offerings in the club lounge.
The usual annoying resort fee (32 a night) that is standard with Vegas resorts.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? N/A

Would you return?
Yes. It's nice to have an IC property in Vegas.