FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:40 pm
tub

Programs: IHG Ambassador, KrisFlyer
Intercontinental Bali

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked Club Room got upgraded to Uluwatu Suite

How are the rooms?

The Uluwatu suite is extremely spacious and opulent. However, the design and furnishing for the rooms are starting to show their age. That being said, it is still perfectly amenable. IC Bali are starting their renovations with the older wings, and presumably will finish with the club rooms last. I'm not sure when this will be however.

How is the exec. lounge?

Good - large variety of drinks, canapes and food. Breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktail evenings are provided every night. It is also open 24 hours with drinks available.

It's semi formal, so I'm not sure one could relax and stone out here (although, with the pool & beach nearby, I'm not sure you would)

What was good and what was bad?

Service was exemplary.

As mentioned earlier, needs a bit of a renovation to bring it inline with other IC hotel standards.

Food is a bit hit and miss. The steak at the italian restaurant is wonderful but breakfast at the club can be considered standard at best. The main breakfast area has better food.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]

Considering the upgrade, yes total value - and get club. However, indonesia has 21% tax which can be a bit of a shock to the system.

And yes, I would return