FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 8, 2016, 8:47 am
bk3day

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
IC - Grand Stanford Hong Kong

IC - Grand Stanford Hong Kong

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked King Bed Premier room using AMB BOGO cert. Pre arrival modification to my reservation showed an upgrade to Full Harbor Premier room.

At checkin, FD clerk thanked me for being AMB and told me that my upgrade was to a Side View Harbor. I showed her my reservation confirmation both on the app and in print that stated Full Harbor View. She tried to explain that there's some sort of issue between their hotel's & IHG's IT systems and IHG but I'm not exactly sure what she meant. Bottom line, I was given the Full Harbor View King.

AMB BOGO was collected at checkin

How are the rooms?

Nice view but not facing the right direction to see the evening light show.
Room was average size and quite sufficient for 1 person. It might be a bit tight on space for a couple?

Only complaint is the bathroom, while clean and iirc, even recently renovated seemed to have a musty smell that I simply attributed to Hong Kong's weather. A friend of mine from HKG corrected me and said that the smell might've actually been the brand of cleaning solution used?

How is the exec. lounge?

Was offered to buy lounge access or breakfast at discounted AMB rate though not exactly sure if prices quoted (@450ish/$180ish?) were before or after the discount. In any event, both were higher than I was willing to pay.

What was good and what was bad?

Good
Speedy, Dedicated AMB checkin
Honored online confirmed upgrade and was available for early checkin
Nice view and room
Received welcome drink chit (never used), AMB fruit bowl, nice box of 6 chocolates. Bottles of water refreshed daily

Bad

Noticeably musty smelling bathroom

There may actually be an IT issue between the hotel and IHG! Noticed after returning home, different nightly prices on my initial confirmation and what showed on IHG.com and what the hotel system said. The rate differential was very small and the hotel ended up honoring my printed record

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Great value using BOGO. Would possibly return on a full paid stay though I'd probably opt for one of the many other HKG hotel options.