FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:44 am
TravelLawyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
InterContinental Osaka

What is your IHG Reward Club status?
Spire (not Ambassador)

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, it was one of the best stays we've ever had at any hotel. Definitely top 5, possibly top 3.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked executive club king room, upgraded upon arrival to executive club twin room with west wing view. (I had requested a twin room in email correspondence to the hotel as none were available when I originally booked.) Note - this hotel does not upgrade from normal rooms to executive club rooms unless you are a RA (which I am not).

How are the rooms?
The room was beautiful! Very spacious for Japanese/Asian standards. The bathroom was truly luxurious. Despite not being a suite, it was hands down one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in. Also, they are very well insulated. My room was just one door down from the exec lounge, and I couldn't hear any noise.

How is the exec. lounge?
Small but amazing! Great morning breakfast. Amazing afternoon tea sets. I did not use cocktail hour because kids are not allowed during this service, but we were able to make other arrangements with the hotel since I was traveling with my 9-year old. Also, the staff was great, especially Vanessa. She checked us in and explained everything about the hotel, lounge, and room to us, and always made sure we were well taken care of. She even went above and beyond to help me with an onsite restaurant issue. Simply amazing. ^

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Everything! Seriously, it doesn't get much better than this. They got everything right.

Bad:
Nothing I can think of!

Value for $ or IHG Reward Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
I paid with points and a surcharge of 14,000 yen per night for executive club upgrade. Worth every point and penny. Yes, I would return in a heartbeat if I am traveling in Japan again. In fact, next time I would probably base out of Osaka just to stay more at the hotel (versus neighboring communities of Nagoya/Kyoto/Nara/etc).