FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:12 pm
jordan_h

IC San Francisco

IC San Francisco

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Here's the story: I booked a jr. suite, intending to decline an upgrade and get a voucher for breakfast instead (since the jr. suite is plenty nice and the breakfast is great). A couple days before check-in, I got an email informing me that they had no upgrade availability but would offer club lounge access. Okay fine, not as good of a breakfast, but tons of free snacks the rest of the day. Then when I checked in, I got upgraded to a really nice one-bedroom suite, and my club access was already in the system, so I got that too.

How are the rooms?
Rooms at this hotel are super nice. I missed the panoramic view you get in a jr. suite, but the one bedroom suite is furnished better. (Jr. suite is just a big room with tons of empty space.) I appreciated having a couch, coffee table, etc. Also had 2x 55" TVs, and Acqua di Parma toiletries, both of which were upgrades over the jr.

How is the exec. lounge?
I remember thinking the lounge wasn't so great, but I liked it this time. Breakfast was pretty good, and the afternoon pre-dinner snacks were really nice. I just wish they'd put it up at the top and not on the 6th floor.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:

- Upgrade + lounge access
- Tons of free candy in the lobby (since it was Easter), probably intended for kids, but whatever.

Bad:
- Second time staying at this hotel with no welcome amenity (aside from the fruit). IHG gave me 600 points instead, big whoop.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Jr. suite was $269 booking in advance, which is a really good value in my opinion. Suites go for over $500, so this stay "paid" for my ambassador membership (though I'd probably never pay for a suite outright, yadda yadda yadda). I live in SF and have stayed here twice now for weekend staycations, and I've had a great experience both times.