FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:50 pm
Nickolash27
Suspended

Fiji

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

A mixture: one night paid club one bedroom suite, three nights points, two nights BOGO club one bedroom suite. Given club one bedroom plunge suite for all six nights with all RA benefits.

How are the rooms?

Ground floor, 115m2, large lounge area with very long sofa, dining table. Rather bland, although not unpleasant decor. The Fiji-ness is understated. Nice bathroom with separate toilet and shower cubicles, two basins. Plenty of wardrobe space. Firm bed (unusual for a IC in my experience), which we like. Smallish TV in lounge and bedroom. Plenty of power points (same configuration as NZ or Aust). Our room has a view out over the resort to the ocean. Outside, deck with daybed and Cleopatra bath, plunge pool in the garden (guess 4mx2m, 1.5m deep). Small lawn area with two loungers. Quite private, only overlooked by one other room (if they are leaning over their balcony rail).

How is the Club lounge?

Resort style club, with private pool for club guests. Breakfast, lunch (payable), afternoon tea and evening cocktails. For afternoon and evening sessions they bring you a plate of snacks/canapés - small but OK. Very friendly staff. Mixed a great GnT for me. RA can also have breakfast at the buffet restaurant, Sanasana or the fine dining restaurant, Navo.

Did you receive a welcome gift?

Plate of cookies/mini cakes plus half-bottle of Nottage Hill Chardonnay. Also replica Fijian drum.

How was the minibar?

No spirits, couple of beers and some soft drinks.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Upgrade
RA treatment
Fijian hospitality

-Bad
Not really bad, but the club area is quite a long way from the beach and other hotel facilities. You can walk, obviously, but generally we would call a buggy or ho on the resort shuttle bus.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

Yes for me, definitely.