FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:14 am
Sweet Willie
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
IC - Tampa

Late March 2016 stay

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard booked - was upgraded to 1BR suite

How are the rooms?
not super fresh but more than adequate in my opinion. Many areas to plug in gadgets. I thought the bed was VERY comfortable & linens were crisp/clean.

How is the exec. lounge?
didn't use

What was good and what was bad?
cleanliness was great. Front desk (especially Stephanie) is terrific, Stephanie was a huge help, one of those front desk people that if she doesn't know the answer, she will find out, rather than just shrugging shoulders and saying I don't know. Barkeeps were friendly/attentive but would keep their distance to allow Mrs Willie to converse in private. I HATE paying for parking, so I'm a big fan of the free self park option in the garage.
Rate included breakfast, buffet was good. Shuttle service from the airport was very prompt.

The only big downside to this property is the pool area, it is small so not many chairs/lounge chairs and barren with the exception of a couple of shade umbrellas. Contrast this with the Marriott Westshore which has plenty of open area to move the many chaise lounges anywhere one pleases.

A minor/correctable downside is breakfast waitstaff do not pay enough attention for refills, asking for the check, etc.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Mrs Willie & I very much enjoyed our stay here & would return.