FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:04 am
patmcpsu

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
IC Chicago

What is your Status?
Spire Ambassador

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked the cheapest available, which was "1 King Bed Mobility Accessible Tub". Received "1 Premier King Executive Tower".

How are the rooms?

The room had a U-shaped sleeping/living space, encompassing a bathroom in the center. The U-shaped room provided a panoramic view from the 21st floor, but it made an efficient floor plan impossible. The view south was picturesque, the view north was partially blocked by one of the hotel's gargoyles (which was actually pretty cool). The renovated rooms are bright, soothing, and modern.

How is the exec. lounge?

No lounge available

What was good and what was bad?

Good - They truly went above and beyond with the elite benefits. The 5-level room upgrade was extremely generous. At check in, I was provided two drink vouchers for Michael Jordan's Steakhouse, two vouchers for Starbucks, and two breakfast vouchers. It was an embarrassment of riches; I'm grateful when an IC gives any freebies beyond what they are obligated, and I've never got three before.

Bad - They provided fruit and water the first day, but not the second day.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

A tremendous value for the money. Chicago is a competitive market for hotels (and they keep building new ones); it seems that the Intercontinental is doing everything they can to remain competitive with their more recently-built competitors.