FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:33 am
grlmopz

Hi all,

On February 17th, I applied for two Chase cards within seconds of one another: The Fairmont card (using SSN) and the United Business card (using EIN/SSN). I've had both of these cards before, but received the bonuses more than two years ago. I've been doing this aggressively for a long time (24 successful applications in the past 24 months, 4 with Chase) and I figured I'd try once more before the 5/24 rules are applicable for co-branded cards.

In both cases, unsurprisingly, I was given a deferred decision.

Yesterday, I received a rejection for the Fairmont card, but I was able to have it approved this morning by shifting around some credit. I have not received any feedback about the United card (not even an email about the pending application, which I did receive for the Fairmont card) and calls to the automated application status line (using either EIN or SSN) don't yield any information about this card. Is this typical? It's been nearly 30 days -- is it time to bite the bullet and call reconsideration to find out what happened?

Last edited by grlmopz; Mar 15, 2016 at 7:47 am