FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another DONEx originating CPT query
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:39 am
stex

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by stex
Report back from post #120: I attempted to book a DONE5 ex-JNB with the online tool following suggestions from brahms77 successful experience. Only thing, my first flight was with IB and last flight with CX, which I sense is the opposite of brahms77 itinerary. I was able to get to the credit card page, but the tool would not accept two of my credit cards. I had previously contacted both credit cards to inform about the large purchase, so that should not have been the problem. I am not sure why, but there was no way to get it to verify the credit card info and process the booking. I contacted CX in JNB via email, asked if they would make the booking for me. They replied promptly, suggesting to contact IB as it is the carrier for the first flight. And I am now waiting to hear back from IB, although I have little hope based on the various phone calls I made and the different numbers and emails I was given to book a xONEx with them. It appears they do not have a proper option to make these bookings. I will keep trying with IB, but might have to reconsider and see whether I can manage to swap direction and start the itinerary with CX, a bit difficult for me as I am interlocking the end of a DONE3 ending in Asia. Will report back if I am successful at getting IB to book the DONE 5.
Final update back from post #120: In the end I changed routing to be able to ticket with BA given the issues I had with IB and my preference not to start with CX. I started the routing with the JNB-CPT segment then on to the US via DOH. The online tool successfully generated a PNR and then instructed me to call BA in South Africa to pay for the ticket. As mentioned in previous posts, the BA call center marketing South Africa is located India. They were very responsive, helpful and knowledgeable of RTW bookings. It took three phone calls and about 5 days to be able to verify, price and ticket the DONE5, mostly due to an apparent temporary glitch in the AA reservation system with the PHX-CUN flight. There were no issues paying with a US CC, and I now have the e-ticket. As far as my attempts to hear back from IB for booking the DONE5 ex-ZA, I just received an email response from them two weeks after my initial email contact. They apologized for the delay and asked whether I still wanted to go ahead and book the DONE5 with them. So, IB is not really reliable for booking xONEx products. I do plan to ask IB via email whether they have a direct phone number for xONEx bookings, perhaps that could expedite future bookings attempts with them. But so far, BA has proved to be a reliable booking option ex-ZA. Now only hoping that whenever JJ starts the JNB-GRU flight, they will be capable of handling xONEx bookings ex-ZA...