FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:50 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
IC Singapore

IC Singapore

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, definitely once again, second stay a few days later.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
o Booked IC Club for 1night s$320++ at the same time I booked earlier first stay for a while (IC Club reserved as no Deluxe available to book).
o As discussed with Lounge Dragon (joking) on initial visit as returning shortly, although kindly offered same Heritage Suite an extra Cat upgrade foc again. I asked for a Premier Suite as not been shown one on initial visits looksee of refurbed rooms and also because is the hotels planned RA upgrade for an IC Club room booking.
o At checkin 14:00 received 9th Floor Premier Suite
++
o Mentioned during checkin I now needed to make stay 2nights, not just the booked 1night AND lounge receptionist manually and helpfully modded my reservation to 2nights, even giving me second night at same $320++ rate, although online rate now a higher s$420++

How are the rooms?
Premier Suites on higher floors, in main tower. A double width 2-room setup, but open archway beween living room and the bedroom.
These rooms are wrapped around the "service lifts" the first lifts you see on reception floor, not the lifts us guests use. Thus Premier Suite rooms are "L" shaped, outside wall opposite guest lift to both left and right (ie 2x Premier Suites)

Entryway has bathroom to left (shower, sink, bath, wc) and wardrobe space to right, plus suitcase rest.

Leads into living room which has
workdesk+workchair, 2-seater sofa , 2 csoft chairs, with oval coffee table, sofa facing partition wall (to bedroom) with large TV lots of channels. TV pulls out and can be slanted to watch from workdesk instead of sofa. Small full height window looks out over Heritage suites side to the mall

Bedroom through open archway, large comfy bed, facing same partition with similar TV and setup as living room. Usual bedside tables, bedside lights. Comfy king bed in which I slept well.

How is the exec. lounge?
o New lounge is on floor 2 (used to be 11th floor)
o Checkin/Checkout staff very professional and helpful. Also empowered regards room allocations w/o needing to refer to management as seen when extending my booking +1night at same rate saving me s$100.

o Other lounge staff all polite, helpful and attentive too.
o Nice and large, 1/4 is sofa type seating, 3/4's table seating
o 2x Apple computers, 1x colour laser printer (wifi enabled ! )
o lounge breakfast is nice enough. no cream cheese for smoked salmon so buy your own
lounge acccess allows restaurant b/f too, for more choices, again no cream cheese for my smoked salmon. (nor pastrami)
o lounge tea is now brought out on tripple level platter. Sandwhiches, Scones with Whipped (not clotted) Cream + apricot Jam (yes was not strawberry jam ??) and couple og chocolates
o Lounge evening. Not my fare types. If early enough I made myself a couple of cheese rolls.
No champagne, a sparkling Proseo which I found poor and too acidic. I made up Chablis+soda Spritzers or drank beer. Tiger and Heineken (bottles and Cans).
The staff also knock up cocktails from the spirits, cocktail menu list on the table

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Tin with bag of IC Singapore Heritage tea inside

How was the minibar?
no champers, half bottles red+white wine, 3beers, 5x sodas (sprite, cola. cola-zero, soda, tonic) and OJ + minature spirits (2x Chivas, 1x Brandy, 1x Vodka, 1x Rum)
(bottled OJ was terrible, strongly suggest grab 2x OJ bottles at b/f at either lounge or restaurant)
Second day caught refiller who added diet-coke and 2x extra heineken foc for me ^ .
Noted room cleaner does not refill minibar which is not an auto-charge-bar, just a fridge.

What was good and what was bad?
+Good
+ Lounge Checkin. 2nd Floor reachable w/o a room card
+ Lounge staff, extended my 1night booking to 2nights whilst honouring my booked rate saving me s$100++ over booking a separate night their and then online ^
+ all RA bennies w/o asking, late checkout , minbar etc
As flying 01.00am, I was offered lounge till 22.30close. I left lounge 21.45pm.
+ Simple to understand RA upgrade program of +2 Cat from booked room, always with lounge access.
+ location

-Bad
Absolutely nothing.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
IC-Club s$321++ to J-Suite with lounge access is a steal compared to the pricey major Europe Capitals rates. (Ams, London, Paris)
Would not use points here unless deluxe rate much higher or if points rich, I'd much rather have paid night towards RA Qualification.
(having seen both IC Club and Premier Suite, I see myself always booking IC Club to get Prem Suite , and occasionally extra cat of Heritage suite)

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Without hesitation. My second excellent visit in 7days, an equally great stay.