FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:27 am
MaldivesFreak

Superior Water Villa (SWV) villa selection

• One of the review (I think that was on TA but I might be mistaken) cited stay in SWV 342 which they say had obstructed sunset view due to spa pavilion. I've excluded 340-342 just in case based on this.

That must be a typo. Should be 332, not 342. The OWS is next to 331 and the numbers go up as they get further away (and further south) from the spa. We've stayed in 338 and 339 and the OWS is nowhere to be seen even if you look to the far right.

• As villas are staggered, seem that 334 and 338 have less obstructed view and no neighbours on one side, hence they are my preference.

Good choices however you might want to replace 334 with 342 (see above). Note that noise isn't really an issue like it is with the standard WVs but, yes, a corner unit is always nicer.

• 331, 335, 339 also have a neighbour villa on one side only, so they were my 2nd preference.

Again, you might want to leave out 331 (see above).

Check out this pic from 339: http://i44.tinypic.com/2r3z33m.jpg
The wooden slat walls are positioned well and you shouldn't see anything to the right of the villa if you are on the deck in front of the pool. As for 331 and 332 however, there might be a little peek of the OWS but it certainly isn't facing it straight on.

Note that the villas are not facing due west; 331-338 face WSW and 339-342 face almost a SW direction, and so the sun is a little to the right if you are in the villa and looking directly out towards the ocean. This is where the writer of that review must've been a little disppointed as the OWS must've blocked part of the sun.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Apr 30, 2016 at 5:53 am