FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Life away from Delta, and it's actually pretty good
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:42 am
DLdweeb

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Life away from Delta, and it's actually pretty good

So in keeping with my NY resolution, I am now flying the airline that matches my needs instead of the one that I thought wanted my business.

On a recent trip to SEA from the east coast, I tried UA. Bought a cheap FCM fare, and based on what many said here, prepared for the worst. Wow, was I surprised, and pleasantly so. Both flights arrived early. The FAs on both were pleasant, attentive, professional, and seemed happy. On the IAD-SEA leg, I was faced with UA's 739. I gulped as I waited at the door, preparing for 5 hours in the Barbie doll house like F cabin. Actually it seemed a bit more spacious, UA has a small coat closet before row 1, so that helps a bit with perception, if nothing else. The IFE was wonderful, with many live TV choices (a plus during college basketball time). And the meal was served in courses, salad, then entree, then chocolate sundaes for dessert.

I know this is only one trip, so too small a sample. And I didn't have to experience irrops recovery, where I understand UA is not so great. But UA for me is now a viable option. So far, so good.....