FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:13 pm
JB in AZ

I applied for and was approved for the CitiAA card with 50,000 mile bonus in January 2016. My wife had received a mailer with an Invitation Number for the 60,000 mile bonus that she used and was approved in December 2015, and earned the bonus in January. That mailer said the invitation # expired Dec 31, 2015. I have read on this thread that some have been successful with SM ing Citi and asking for the additional 10,000 miles.

I am short just under 10,000 miles to get our return flight (business class) from the UK for our 40th anniversary trip this coming August. We've already booked the outbound flight on business class.

Do you think I should ask Citi for the extra 10,000 miles via SM? Or the will the fact that the code expired a couple of weeks before I applied rule out them giving it to me? Anyone have experience with "expired invitation #s" that were also previously used?

We are new to using award miles and also to business class! We are looking very forward to having legroom! This flight will be over 14 hours flight time. (It's the least I can do for her after putting up with me for 40 years!)

Thanks!

Last edited by JB in AZ; Mar 7, 2016 at 3:18 pm