FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC MIAMI Downtown Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:37 am
miadukes

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Introduction I hightly recommend this hotel, because of its location and staff.  (Full disclosure - most of are stays are with Starwood, but they have nothing even close to this in terms of location.) Note there is a $15/day/person resort fee (which is ridiculous) which you can get waived.   Please PM me if you want the e-mail address for Eduardo, the chief concierge or Flor, the club lounge supervisor.Ambassadors get upgraded amenities, free WIFI (unlimited # of devices) and room upgrade on request. We checked in for a 2-night stay @ the BOGO rate prior to a cruise.  As an Amabassador, we were upgrade to a suite on the 31st.  The lounge (on the 29th floor) is excellent.  It was never reallly crowded in spite of the Miami Boat Show being underway next door.  (Boats are everywhere in Miami, and we spotted Mark Cuban's yacht parked next to the hotel on NBA All Star Weekend!  I guess he was in Toronto, and there is no cruising in Dallas!) Breakfast has extened hours (7-11 am daily), afternoon tea is served from 3-5 pm and hors d'oeuvres from 6-8 c/w comp. alcohol.  The views are outstanding. Parking is an issue.  We declined to pay $39/day for valet parking and chose instead to use a pay lot a few blocks north ($18).  By tipping the valets, we got away with parking in the circle in front of the hotel for up to 2 hours.  (Others suggested it could be done overnight, but we did not try).  Ideally, you can arrive by taxi or metro/People Mover ($2.25 from the airport) and walk to the front door.  Parking is a gridlock in downtown Miami and it took time to get to South Beach. The property is mamooth - 640 rooms, 34 stories.  There is an outdoor pool, sauna, steam room, rainforest shower, fitness center and spa on the 5th.  (Hours are strange 8 am-10 pm for the pool, 8-8 for the sauna, etc. and the fitness is 24h).  We chose this hotel because of its location - near the cruise port, downtown, and easy access to South Beach.  It did not disappoint.
I am curious what room type you booked to begin with? Also, did you ask about club access or did they automatically upgrade you to it?