FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:15 pm
SwissBritMiss

IC Istanbul

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked 2x standard rooms, upgraded to Bosporus view on one. Club access offered for EUR 50 for two, we declined

How are the rooms?

Beautiful wardrobes, was my first thought! Bright and spacious, very comfortable bed. However, bathroom was showing its age with a little bit of rust and erosion visible on the gilt plating in parts

How is the exec. lounge?
N.a.

What was good and what was bad?

Good
Wow, service was spectacular. Check in took longer than I expected but only because staff were so meticulous. Welcome gift was a small but beautiful tin of lokum and in a very nice touch, an IC branded suit carrier for my travel buddy, wrapped in tissue and gold ribbon "to not feel left out" 2 drinks vouchers. In the evening experienced some of the most exceptional service I've ever had at the rooftop bar, with a young waiter who went out of his way to make our night, offering copious advice and chat that managed to make our night, rather than be intrusive. Bearing in mind I was drinking cheap (for the IC) wine by the glass and him just some beer, being surprised with a lovely fruit platter and a shot each of a new vodka infusion the bartenders had been experimenting with was also unexpected.

Bad
No pool during winter. Forgot my morning paper (though not fussed). Not "bad" but noteworthy, this IC prices the bar and restaurants at "international 5*" levels. And I think this must be a universal IC issue but, why, WHY are all my materials addressed to Mister SwissBrit it makes me feel like I'm reading my father's mail!

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Absolutely worth the EUR81 per room! And looking forward to returning. The entire weekend cost less with the incredible deal that Swiss had on ZRH to IST in J, than staying in Switzerland and doing something mid-range...