FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:36 pm
sbw

Originally Posted by demue
Where do you get that impression from? Are you saying it is something new or you have always been getting free breakfast as AMB?

I have probably stayed 40-50 times here over the last 10+ years and the only times I got breakfast (lounge or restaurant) when it was not already included in the rate or the room category (e.g. Club) was when:

a) I was RA and got upgraded to Club
b) I was AMB and booked Executive room category and got upgraded to Club

It would be a welcome benefit, but I can't quite believe it. Maybe you got super lucky or are an excellent negotiator, but what you share is not what has been common practice at IC BKK.

I got the confirmation from the hotel last month:

Dear xxx,

Regarding to your email enquiry below, kindly be informed that The Platinum Ambassador Member will not get automatically Club Access it is all about Room Upgrade to next category from the original room that you book.

The Club lunge access is can be complimentary when you book the room type of Executive room and then upgrade to Club Room. On the other hand, if you book for Grand Deluxe room (Standard Room) will be upgrade to Executive room with Business benefit (as attached) and to get club access will be the additional charge special price from THB 3,000++ to THB 1,200++ as per Ambassador member.

Should you need any further assistance or information, please do not hesitate to contact me at all times.

Best Regards,

Saranrat P. (Ms.)
Guest Relations Officer
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Executive benefit 2015.pdf (15.0 KB, 98 views)