FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:15 pm
kpbadger

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Doubletree San Francisco airport

I'm posting to request that you fix the following entry under US-California (sorry I don't have 90 posts yet to edit the wiki myself):

"DoubleTree San Francisco Airport: Full breakfast in airport (Diamond/1230)"

There are actually two DoubleTrees near SFO, and neither of them provides breakfast in the airport.

Here is the correct information:

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Summary: Full breakfast buffet in the restaurant (Gold, November 2015)
Detail: Decent spread - selections consisted of scrambled eggs, quiche, bacon, sausage, potatoes, "breakfast egg rolls" (I don't know exactly what to call these), plus the usual continental type stuff. The server also offered an omelet.

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport
Summary: Full breakfast buffet in the restaurant (Diamond, January 2016)
Detail: To me the overall quality of the buffet was similar to if not slightly below a typical HGI, notwithstanding the omelets. The fruit selection was limited (honeydew, grapes, apples, bananas; NO cantaloupe, berries, or pineapple), and there was the usual pastries, bread, oatmeal, and such. Hot items were scrambled eggs, bacon (good), sausage (awful rubber), french toast, and potatoes. There was no signage or advertisement of the availability of omelets but they could be requested from the server, and were decent. My full review is here.