FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Up to 12,500 UA Miles for switching to NRG Power
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:16 am
meecal

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by meecal
The fine print for most (all?) of these offers points out that the promo is only for new customers.

I used Energy Plus in the past and was able to switch away from them after receiving signup bonus points. The snail mail offer I received from NRG looked awfully similar even though Energy Plus isn't mentioned anywhere. To minimize chances of going through with the deal only to find out that I was deemed ineligible I called NRG and confirmed that they had no record of my account in their system and therefore I'm eligible for this program.

I just signed up for the NRG United promo. I'm writing up a post on the topic now.
I got the 10,000 bonus United MileagePlus miles from NRG on time and with no hassle. I wrote up a post with more details. In a nutshell though, the miles posted a day or two before my second electricity billing statement with NRG as the provider!