FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: WN (2011-2019)
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:59 pm
HockeyCoachBen

Originally Posted by lew28
If you have to be "concerned", or feel the need to call, you shouldn't be doing it. The T&C specifically exclude gift card purchases. But due to a quirk in some system, some are getting through. If you call, eventually none will get through. If you can't afford the "loss", which there is none, since you get the gift card you paid form don't do it. Your not out any money.
Congrats on your 1st post on the boards!

Never did I say that I was planning on calling AmEx and never did I say that I can't afford to pay the $200 for the two gift cards that I purchased. Of course, like the many others on these boards, I would prefer not to pay for them, but will if need be.

My "concern" was for the fact that maybe the gravy train is rolling to an end...or there is a glitch in the matrix...or however you want to phrase it. Concern has many definitions, I intended it in the sense of 'dismay or feeling of unease at an unexpected outcome' which would describe this perfectly.

But, thanks for your helpful post!