FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:13 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by md10md
Quick question re: W -> WE transition. My timeline goes like this:

- Jan. 2015: Applied for AAdvantage Platinum Select World MC (#1) and approved for $8,500 CL. Points posted sometime in February
- Spring 2015: Got first W -> WE transition
- October 2015: Applied for AAdvantage Platinum Select World MC (#2) and approved for $8,500 CL. Points posted in November
- December 2015 (>65 days after #2, though I understand that wasn't strictly necessary): Applied for AAdvantage Platinum Select World MC (#3) after getting new WE for #2. Approved for $10,000 CL

I then promptly left the country before getting #3 and stupidly set my USPS mail to FORWARD and not hold. This apparently makes Citi mad. They told me to call them when the forwarding was off and they would resend the card. Due to delays in getting back home, I finally had them send it around 1/16 (no expediting allowed, apparently).

On 1/22, I received an "Account Approval Notice" indicating my #3's CL is $1,000 NOT $10,000 and nowhere on the letter did they mention the 50,000 mile bonus. This is obviously different than the last 2 cards I've gotten this year. I'm out of the country now and won't get the actual card until I come back, but what happened? Did the forwarding trigger a manual review and now I'm SOL? My credit report shows the new $10,000 credit line, but I'm worried I won't get the points now (as others have reported when the letter doesn't mention them). Absolutely nothing differed in my application from the others and I absolutely had the WE in hand and activated (though, I've heard activation doesn't matter) before going for the next one. Any thoughts?
This would be the FIRST report that a new card AFTER WE conversion has no bonus language in the Approval Letter. Seems like a possibility.

Nothing you can do now but please update the thread once you add the card to your account and see if the bonus tracker shows up or not.