FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:48 pm
saaveraward

IC LA Century City(as a Spire Ambassador)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked four nights (one paid + 3 on points) Superior with balcony. A couple weeks before the stay, my confirmation showed 1 King Bed Studio with balcony. Checked in and received a deluxe room (same rate as studio). Asked to be moved to the studio as it was on the written confirmation. Request was granted, but the design of the room is L shaped and clunky. So I traded balcony space for living space.

Fruit, water and a giant cupcake in the room. One free movie included.

VIP check in is off the lobby and not easily visible. A note prior to my arrival should have been sent indicating it as a check in option.
How are the rooms?
OK. The refurb is fine but nothing spectacular. The edge of the toilet is about 18 inches from the shower door. Room is extremely clean. No turndown offered on first night. There's a spray gun next to the toilet like the same one in my kitchen sink. Never seen that set up before. Very cheeky. wink. wink

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good
Quiet, peaceful hotel even when crowded.

Bad
$38 overnight parking, but it's to be expected.

EDIT: What a complete ripoff they add a 10% service charge to valet which they do not disclose in the rates. Can you imagine what $3.80 per car, per day adds up to over a year? Complete fraud.

value/return
Decent use of free nights. I'm looking forward to the IC opening downtown to see what kind of product they have to offer.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jan 20, 2016 at 12:49 pm