FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:19 am
chistery

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Intercontinental London - The O2

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked a King Superior, upgraded to Riverview Club Intercontinental Suite

How are the rooms?

Nice suite, view of south London and the O2. Very clean and new looking still.

How is the exec. lounge?

Not open yet.

What was good and what was bad?

The staff are all friendly and trying their best. The suite looked nice, but I do wonder if the designers ever stay in the rooms they design. For example, the desk has one plug socket, which the lamp uses. All the connectivity points, plugs and USB charging points are on a wall in the lounge area, near the dining table, or next to the bed. Blackout curtains work well, which some hotels seem to have problems with

If you're going to advertise an espresso machine (A tassimo), have some espresso capsules and cups, not just Costa Americano. There was fresh milk in the fridge though, which is a nice touch.

The free wifi was quite slow.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

I booked on a good opening rate offer, so can't complain at all. Hotel still isn't fully operational but it's in a great location if you are at the o2 for an event. I'd go back if I got a good rate or needed to stay nearby. If you don't want somewhere central, or don't mind travelling, it's in a good location. No noisy roads outside to wake you up.