FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OzFest #13. "Gold Coast Queensland" Australia. Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-29, 2016
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:56 pm
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I've encountered a major hurdle at work which means Mrs QF WP and I are going to have to bow out of organising ozfest #13. I may be able to lend my assistance with my QF & VA contacts if they are needed towards the events.

Whilst my new business opened its doors on 4th Jan and seems to be running relatively smoothly, my Practice Manager has come to me and wants to take all of April as holidays, so that she can travel with her daughter and S-i-L to Europe (they convinced her to join them).

For a small business (there are only the 3 of us in the business), with her as my right hand [and having as much experience in the business as me], having to cover her position means that Mrs QF WP will be working an extra day per week until April (training) and an extra 2 days/week (in April) to cover the workload (and I will be trying to cover the remainder - thus taking me away from income earning / client facing time).

We need to consider our business first (as it gives 3/4 of our household income) and as much as I don't want to let down ozfest #13, I have to agree with Mrs QF WP's concerns that I can't "do both" during that month - one is bound to suffer.