FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transportation e- and paper Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:28 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bakster21
Question (haven't found this on the thread so far):

I just used a voucher to purchase a trip to China coming up on 3/3 - was told to mail. In order to secure a visa, though, I must provide proof of the ticket. Is there anything I can do to expedite the process? (for example, write "please expedite-China" under the return address) Not sure if I can visit an airport ticketing counter now or not...
I'd suggest taking the voucher to an airport and ask the TA to process it for your. Unfortunately I've found way too many that won't do them or don't know how to do them than I've found willing/able to do them. There is phone help available for the TA as well as online documentation, but many won't bother to go to that step and some that do say they know how to process them don't do it right (not backing off taxes for DV types).

But if you need the ticket issued, that's the quickest way to get it done. Once you mail it, you go in the queue. Though they do file your request by date, I'm not sure they just go by date on the envelope before even opening or if you could list your travel date as 2-3 weeks out but actually be six months away.