FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:04 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
IC Manila (A sad Good Bye)

IC Manila

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes as usual
2night goodbye experience stay for NYE as hotel closing on 1st Jan 2016

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked- Entry level room
Received- Junior Suite Pool View
(my last stay, I get j/s pool view , all other times in last 5years received j/s non pool view, Grrr)

How are the rooms?
JS Room, double width, overlooking pool, comfy room, but showing some wear to soft furniture/fittings

How is the exec. lounge?
Great as usual

Did you receive a welcome gift?
They ran out of 2016 desk diaries earlier in the month

How was the minibar?
fair, 3rd time in a row I had my 1/4 bottle of Moet actually there in minibar, generally the Moet is missing

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
+Moet in lounge on NYE (instead of sparkling) .. have to ask as kept in kitchen, but no issues was topped up with very full glass several times

-Bad
nothing

-Neutral
o badly organised for Jeepney restaurant b/f could not even prebook seating times ended up in Lounge both mornings due to long queues
o some hotel services unavailable as closing in 2days or 1days time
o unable to buy alcohol post midnight on nye (got 2x free beers post midnight though)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
paid company rate 7100peso circa £100 is excellent for an RA here

Would you return?
1)I would if IC was not closed to be demolished to become a transport hub
2)nearby HI will cost more for exec room and lounge access (lounge not free at the HI)
3)CP ortigas is double the distance to NAIA airport, nice upgrade? , but pay for lounge.. except then downgraded 2-levels and room not ready at 5pm so I walked/cancelled, took taxi to Marriott
3)looks like Marriott by NAIA in near future for me, despite my lack of any Marriott status and 11000peso rate when I include a lounge upsell
4)From April2016 should be Conrad for me at Mall of Asia location as I am HHD