FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:29 am
Retron

Holiday Inn Reading - West

This was my first visit of the year to the Holiday Inn Reading - West.

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked executive room, upgraded (a few days prior) to a suite.

How are the rooms?
The executive rooms are really just regular rooms with extra toiletries. They do though have a minibar which is unstocked these days - you have to phone reception if you want the bar to be stocked. The executive rooms are on the top floor and are in a quiet location.

There are two suites, one on each floor. The sitting room / bathroom take as much space as a normal room, then there's a bedroom adjacent. The bedroom is somewhat odd in that it's surrounded by corridors, so there are no windows! It does mean that it's quiet (no neighbours to worry about) and wonderfully dark at night. The suites also have a minibar and two TVs.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good:

Greeted by name as I walked through the doors!
I was one of only a couple of guests in the hotel that night, so service was top-notch.
Two bottles of mineral water (one still, one sparkling) and a KitKat were provided as freebies.
Upgraded to a suite, which is quite unusual here - they only have two of them so they're not often available.

Bad:

Nothing really.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]

Good value for my needs, as I always book a flexible rate. If you do that, for just another fiver you can get 5,000 bonus - and qualifying! - points.